Wedding Countdown Ticker

Monday 7 June 2010

Summery Weekend

After a crazy week at work where even though I only was working for 4 days I still managed to do a 45 hour week! I needed a chill out weekend. As Nathan had been in Barcelona the weekend before I had only seen him for one evening in over a week. 'Passing ships' as he returned and I went down to Manchester for the week. My work went really well and we have had a great start to the summer campaign but I was exhausted.
On Saturday morning I went to get my hair done, thanks to this lovely man. When I returned home from Manchester there was a little envelope on my side of the bed with vouchers for me to get my hair done at my regular, quite expensive hairdressers. (It won him some big brownie points!) Sadly my hairdresser was sick so for the first time in 5+ years I had to get someone else to do my hair- so I played it safe and didn't go for anything to crazy- just tidied up but I loved being able to get my hair done. I have gone from going every 6 weeks to now only every 12 weeks! It is taking some getting used too and is why I have gone back to near to natural with my colour.

Then we went round to Wendy and Ed's new house and sat in their beautiful garden. I can't believe I didn't manage to capture any of their wonderful colourful plants... just grass and patio! (pictured above) Dan and Emily were there too and so was Murphy who was struggling in the heat. The rest of us were loving it! Long may the sun continue.

On Saturday night after visiting with my Dad we went to Catriona and Benji's to celebrate Catriona's 30th Birthday. Her theme was Cath Kidston and I loved it and wished I'd paid more attention to the invite... I was in black and grey outfit and I could have been wearing a summer dress!
Catriona and her sister Phillipa who did a lovely speech and has just gotten engaged.
Catriona blowing out her cake, which Benji's Mum had made from scratch to a Cath Kidston theme. The homemade tablet was lovely too... such nice treats.
Hillary, who went to school with Catriona and her lovely man Connor.
Nathan and I near the end of the night. Nathan was very sensible (and still recovering from Barcelona) and didn't drink! I however did partake in a few Pimms summer drinks. 

Benji and Catriona always host great parties with good drinks and food. I always love that they try new recipes for their nibbles. This time it was Bloody Mary Tomatoes from Delia.

Ingredients
 9 oz (250 g) baby plum tomatoes (or cherry tomatoes), stalks removed
 7 fl oz (200 ml) vodka
 1 tablespoon sherry
 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
 a few drops Tabasco sauce
 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
To serve:
 1 teaspoon celery salt
 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
 2 tablespoons sea salt

Method

All you do is score a little cross on the base of each tomato, then place them in the plastic box cross-side up. Then whisk together the vodka, sherry, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco and celery salt, and spoon it over them.

Put the lid on the box and leave it in the fridge to allow the tomatoes to marinate for two days. Before serving, drain the tomatoes and let them come back to room temperature. (You can keep any leftover marinade to use as a base for future batches.) Mix the two types of salt and cayenne pepper together. Arrange the tomatoes on a plate with a bowl containing the salt mixture and invite your guests to dip in a tomato before eating.















































No comments: