Thursday, 27 November 2008
It made me realise that really I should have set up my own business when I got my redundancy money. He has done so much- travelled to Africa and Asia and really I guess the world is your oyster! If you have a dream you can achieve it!
It also made me realise whilst I was looking on facebook at all the messages of support for Fu left by former colleagues at LIQUIDe how tight knit we all were. We were like a wee family and it is tough when that's gone. This year has taken a lot of adjusting but I am thankful that in some form or other (mostly through facebook) we are all still in touch!
So here's to Fu's new company and good friends from old companies!
Facts about St Andrew!
1. St Andrew is the patron saint of Scotland.
2. St Andrew is celebrated on 30 November.
3. St Andrew's Day is a day to celebrate Scottish culture, cuisine and ceilidhs.
4. St Andrew's flag is the flag of Scotland.
5. It's in the form of a white X on a blue background.
6. It is commonly known as The Saltire.
7. St Andrew's Societies exist around the world to celebrate Scottish culture.
The Ad agency we are working for has also put the saltire flag on the Balmoral Hotel clock face, beside the station. It made my morning at 6.45am on Monday!! It looks beautiful and is proving very popular with the public!! It stirs up a national pride- even at that time in the morning!!
I have got three and a half more days of flyering/ leafleting out in the cold!! Hopefully I can survive it!! (last Saturday we were at the Farmers Market at 9am and it was about 1*C/ 34*F!! Very Cold!) So I am feeling a little bit under the weather! I need some chicken soup!!
Tuesday, 25 November 2008
Monday, 24 November 2008
I forgot my camera- which I was really disappointed about as I could have taken so many photos!
I was really good and spent no money (almost unheard of for me!!) I could have spent £1,000 if I'd had it!! Hills bought a few lovely things including some Christmas shopping.
So here are a few websites of my favourite stalls... it will give you an idea of all the beautiful gifts and home wares on show.
- Lavender Blue from Longniddry
- Angel Cake Designs from Peebles
- Nature's Harvest from Fushiebridge... one of my favourite all time catalogues!!
- Boxwood from Glasgow
- Cottage Clutter from Ayrshire... Hills and I had also seen this stall at the RBS Christmas Fair which Becky invited me out to on Wednesday last week. Becky bought a few Christmas ornaments from them then and Hills bought some things at the Country Living Fair- gorgeous!!
- Snapdragon was an amazing stand that married both horticulture and textiles together. I discovered that the lady that runs it has a blogspot so click here to learn more.
- VagabondVan boutique on Wheels! I have always LOVED airstream trailers.. I'd love to own one some day in the future and here is an amazing stand that sold vintage clothes and accessories from an airstream!!
- Jonathan Avery from Morningside.. I LOVE this shop!! I could buy their entire catalogue of stock!
- Mimu... very gorgeous but expensive handbags... Hills and I were drooling over them!! They even have a woven bag that comes from the same factory the LK Bennett woven bag is made. But the leather and wooden bag was our favourite!!
There were so many more beautiful stands that I will have to tell you about in the future!
Though the one thing Hillary and I did think when we went round was that we could make a lot of the crafts on sale... maybe one day when we have the money to start our own business!!
Thanks to Pete for the tickets to the Country Living Show! It was great to see him and Lesley and I am so pleased that Foodieboxes did well over the 4 days! Hooray!!
I helped out along with Pete's sister Kirsty at the Good Food Show. I really enjoyed myself and as a bonus Pete treated me to a bottle of bubbly for my birthday and free tickets to the Country Living Fair to say thank you for helping.
Friday, 21 November 2008
Lincoln and Paige with their favourite cuddly animals.
Wednesday, 19 November 2008
The second half of the evening everyone was up doing some Scottish Country Dancing- I sat out the Dashing White Sergent as I was worn out!! It's energetic stuff!!
After we had lunch at the Witchery we all went back to the flat to have a cup of tea and I got to open my presents.
Becky and Dougie spoilt me with vouchers to get my hair done! I was very happy!! (can you tell!?) I used to get my hair done every 6- 8 weeks but on my birthday it was already 12 weeks since I'd had it coloured!!