Facts about St Andrew!
1. St Andrew is the patron saint of Scotland.
2. St Andrew is celebrated on 30 November.
3. St Andrew's Day is a day to celebrate Scottish culture, cuisine and ceilidhs.
4. St Andrew's flag is the flag of Scotland.
5. It's in the form of a white X on a blue background.
6. It is commonly known as The Saltire.
7. St Andrew's Societies exist around the world to celebrate Scottish culture.
The Ad agency we are working for has also put the saltire flag on the Balmoral Hotel clock face, beside the station. It made my morning at 6.45am on Monday!! It looks beautiful and is proving very popular with the public!! It stirs up a national pride- even at that time in the morning!!
I have got three and a half more days of flyering/ leafleting out in the cold!! Hopefully I can survive it!! (last Saturday we were at the Farmers Market at 9am and it was about 1*C/ 34*F!! Very Cold!) So I am feeling a little bit under the weather! I need some chicken soup!!