Wedding Countdown Ticker

Tuesday 6 April 2010

Belfast Work Trip- 26th- 27th February

With my current job I don't get to travel nearly as much as I did when I worked for Red Bull. This is a blessing but sometimes I miss the travel. 

At the end of February I went over to Belfast in Northern Ireland for a couple of days work and I really enjoyed getting to travel. I had never been to Belfast before and I really liked the city. 

I can imagine that it has changed a lot in the last 10 years. The hotel I was staying in is the most bombed hotel in Europe due to it being a target during the troubles. It was really nice and I can't imagine what it would have been like in those times. 

One of the hotels we presented in was the Stormont Hotel which was beside the Parliament building. Everywhere you turn there you are not far from politics. 

A picteresque lamppost in the city centre.
I had to work on the Saturday but I took advantage of the long lie and ordered breakfast in bed- luxury.
This is one of my favourite stores on the planet. I have only ever been to the one in Dublin and on the West Coast of Ireland but I smiled from ear to ear when I heard there was an Avoca in Belfast.
I was so good and didn't buy up the whole store like I wanted to. I only bought a cookbook. It is brilliant and is a french patesserie book that has been translated. I have only cooked one thing from it so far but it was really successful. 

I wish we had an AVOCA in Edinburgh. I had my lunch when I was in the store. They make great salads and cakes (I only had the salad!)

No comments: