Wedding Countdown Ticker

Thursday 7 October 2010

Clan Fitness

The last few weeks I have been assisting Nathan in setting up his new venture- Clan Fitness. This is a dream he has had for a while now and with the help of his own personal Dragon (not from Dragon's Den but a professional Edinburgh business man) and with alot of hard work he is making it happen.

Clan Fitness is about getting and staying fit. Exercising outdoors in the fresh air doing mostly functional fitness exercises. Nathan held 3 introductory classes last week at Raeburn Place, where he will be carrying out the regular classes. All the sessions were really well attended which was brilliant. And really pleasing as I had helped to flyer and spread the word the week before. The picture above is of Nathan whilst we were out flyering in Stockbridge.
We were out in Stockbridge and the surrounding area and spoke to the shop owners and businesses to get their support. Nathan has also employed a creative agency (not my work!) to do his branding and artwork for his business. I have to admit it looks good and I like his logo. This has enabled him to go onto facebook and twitter and send out messages. The Stockbridge facebook page that has 3,000 members even put up some info!
So it is off to a good start. I am really proud of him for what he is doing and after going to one of the sessions on the Saturday I will definitely be going again. It was really good, tough but also a fun workout. I felt I'd been able to work hard but it wasn't boring. I really liked being outdoors too... which I never thought I would.

For more info on what they do there is a landing page on http://www.clanfitness.com/ which will be developed with time.


Raeburn Place laid out with the 10 circuit stations. My favourite was the sledge hammer and large tractor tyre. I also loved loved loved the TRX system (but more about that later!)
Nathan and one of the fitness trainers Rachel, who will be working with him and also giving one to one sessions with clients during the day using the same space and equipment. 

So please do come along to one of the sessions to try it out if you live in Edinburgh and please do also become friends with Clan Fitness on Facebook.

Join the Clan!

No comments: