Wedding Countdown Ticker

Thursday 23 October 2008

All American!!

Don't my sister and Dougie look ridiculously 'All American!' ?? It's a great vibrant picture and would be a fantastic advert for Abercrombie and Fitch! (we all went to the mall the day before!)
Becky, Dougie, my Dad and I all climbed to the top (252 ft) of the Pilgrim Memorial in Provincetown, MA- which is right on the tip of Cape Cod.
I hadn't realized but before settling in Plymouth the Pilgrims on the Mayflower landed here for '5 weeks exploring the area around Provincetown and, most notable for the annals of history, drew up and signed the social contract that would govern their life in the new land, the famous Mayflower Compact.'
Once they decided it was too severe for them they moved on to Plymouth but I found it so interesting! They had a great little museum here too telling you all about the history of the Pilgrims... so I feel well versed in the history of Thanksgiving now!!

No comments: