Wedding Countdown Ticker

Friday 19 February 2010

Rockefeller Centre

 
On Thursday I managed to drag myself out of bed- eventually- what I night we had on the Wednesday. 

Kristin suggested we meet her after work at the Rockefeller Centre and so we waited by the ice rink for her. Whilst we were there a guy got down on bended knee and poposed to his girlfriend right there in the middle of the ice- I was just about in tears. So cute. And so funny as I had spotted them before this, looking very much in love. She was also dressed beautifully in a short navy dress with tights and I thought she looked like she was in a movie (maybe she knew!)
  
We didn't go for a skate as the line was long but it was fun to watch everyone and we felt in the Christmas spirit! The decorations were beautiful and I loved the large tree.
  

  
The above picture is looking away from the Rockefeller Centre to a Sax department store on 5th Avenue. They had the snowflakes look like the were falling and every so often music would play and there would be a mini light show. It was so beautiful. 
  
Looking from 5th Avenue down to the Rockefeller Centre.
  
Kristin, Nathan and I. Nathan had bought me a lovely red rose as we waited by the Ice Rink.
  
I loved the tree and the Angels.
  
  Kristin and I.
  
We walked down 5th Avenue and took in all the beautiful window displays. This one took my breath away! Just gorgeous! All those mirrors and sparkle!

I also liked the display below. Each window was different scences from Fantastic Mr Fox- which had just been released at the movies. You can see the little characters at the bottom of the fruit baskets.
 

No comments: