Wedding Countdown Ticker

Wednesday 30 April 2008

The Wonderful World of Promo Work!!

Well so far it's been an exhausting week! After my lovely Saturday and marathon babysitting last week I started a marathon of promotional work this week!!

On Sunday (after being kept awake by Nathan bringing everyone back on Saturday night (not their fault but his!!) I got the 8am train through to Glasgow to do the Tesco Taste festival for Tennents beer- 1885.. it was actually quite good fun. Pictured are Louise, the National Account Manager and David, my Event Manager. There were loads of Scottish brands there and I even bumped into a few old friends from Tesco... (should have printed out some business cards to take along!!)

Then on Tuesday I began 5 days of team leader work for Race for Life... for Cancer Research UK... I have a 5 girl team and we are handing out packs on the Race for Life venues for this summer in Scotland... It's a 5k race (3. something miles!) We are targeting only woman from 7.30am- 5.30pm in the streets of Edinburgh... we are trying to get as many ladies involved as possible.. and they want to raise £3 million. (Here's hoping!)

Yesterday was glorious and I even got a bit sunburnt... all the freckles are well and truly out!! But today was awful!! I had 5 miserable girls who were sick of being in the wet and cold!!- I tried to keep their spirits up but one girl gave up and went home!! - not good for team moral!! But we got through it!!

I have a whole new team tomorrow... new enthusiastic workers!! .. but apparently it is meant to rain again tomorrow!!

I also had my 3rd informal interview for the ad agency job today (after my 10 hour stint in the rain!!) I have to go back on Tuesday to meet with them again in a more official capacity. I have a presentation on a fictitious brief to complete for then.. so after finishing my PR stint on Saturday I will be working on this over the weekend... the job sounds so exciting so I have my fingers crossed!! They are lovely people and I can so imagine working with them... but I don't want to get too excited!

So I'm wishing for no rain for the rest of the week and good luck in my interview on Tuesday!!

http://www.raceforlife.org/



1 comment:

Vicki said...

Jennie, Good luck with your next interview, so like a great job. Will be excited to hear!!