Wedding Countdown Ticker

Monday 24 August 2009

New Bike

Before I went babysitting on Wednesday we did have a chance to pop into Alpine Bikes. My work have just signed up to the UK Government's Cycle to work scheme. Click here to find out more info.

Tax-free bikes for work

Cyclescheme is the UK's number one provider of tax-free bikes for the Government's Cycle to Work initiative. It's a brilliant programme where everyone wins - employees make big savings on new bikes, employers get a healthier workforce and save money too! Cyclescheme has a great track record in helping employers of all sizes to set up and run successful Cycle to Work schemes. Our innovative online system is simple to use, and we have decades of industry experience and a vast supplier network of over 1,200 independent bike shops.

Nathan cycles to work everyday and we could take the same route- I would just have to cycle a little further. I am keen to get fit and I think this will be a great way to do it. I just wish my company had signed up earlier in the year and I could have made the most of what little good weather we got.

With the cycle to work scheme the tax benefit mean I will only pay for 60% of the cost of my bike and I will have it taken out of my pay before tax over a 12 month period. It comes directly out of my pay so I won't really miss it. Plus I am going to cancel my gym membership (which I never ever use!!) Let's hope I don't repeat that with my bike!

I am so so so so so excited as I went for an Amsterdam style... Above is a wee picture I took in the shop. (I am also going to get a wee basket on the front! I am now waiting for my voucher to purchase all my kit so I can still change my mind- I was swaying between the two (linked below) and the one pictured. What do you think?

Trek Navigator 3.0 Equipped WSD (exactly same style and model as the bike above just a different colour) I don't like the patterns though... not sure.

Trek Navigator 2.0 Equipped WSD This is the same type of bike but a grade down. So it's not so slick... it is however a better colour I think.... I like the black and tanned leather..mmmm...

Or should I just stick with the bike I have reserved (pictured above) the 3.0 better model and in a good colour.

I am a bit apprehensive about cycling on the roads but I have also ordered a fluorescent waterproof jacket- it is bright bright fluorescent yellow so hopefully no one will miss me!! (you can see the sleeve of one of the jackets in the background! Brigh bright bright!

I never thought I would be a cyclist but hey it must be all the Environmental projects I am working on.

No comments: