Wedding Countdown Ticker

Friday 7 August 2009

Festival Let

For those of you who have been following my blog for a while you will remember that last year we rented out our flat to a festival let. It worked really well and the couple we had to stay were lovely! So when they phoned us up last month and asked if we would rent the flat to them again we jumped at the chance. As we got to know them last year we feel safer leaving a lot of our belongings in the flat. Thank goodness! I don't think I could go through the mass clear out that I had to do last year. As we had no idea who was going to rent it from us and we had also heard some horror stories I cleared everything out except the basic furniture and put it all in storage- boy was it hard work!

This year I also had Nathan to help me and between the two of us we managed to turn it round in a few days and give the house a thorough spring (or summer) clean! The flat looked really lovely and as I waited for the couple to arrive last night I thought to myself- why don't I keep it this clean all the time!!

I took these snaps yesterday morning so the sun is in the bedrooms and the living room is quite dark. I was going to take more shots at night but I left my camera at work (I seem to be doing that a lot recently)

If you want to compare to last year take a peek at my post from the end of July 2008!. Some things haven't changed. I sadly didn't take the same shots as this but I will when we go back at the end of August. Has it really been a year!! The back bedroom and livingroom have definitely changed.
The kitchen
Our wee shower roomOur Master bedroom
Our spare bedroom. Last year we had our grey couch in here and we used it as a study. Last September after our festival let Nathan moved his friend Ed into this room so we moved a bed into it. I have now got my paws back on it so it is a nice guest bedroom/ study! It needs a few pictures and I need to sort out what is on the shelves but it's getting there.
Nathan's Aunt made our blinds in the guest bedroom and the curtains for our master bedroom. I will have to take some photos of them when they are not in silhouette. They are so well made and I love that the blind in the guest bedroom is a blackout blind. So good if you have a migraine!

1 comment:

Vicki said...

I love your flat. Missing you!!