Wedding Countdown Ticker

Friday 11 September 2009

More tasty recipes!

On Wednesday night we tried another new recipe. I have made dishes like this before. They are not that low in calories but they taste very good!
Bacon, Leek and Cheese Tarte
-Turn the oven on to 180*
-I rolled out a pre bought puff pastry sheet onto a baking tray.
-Cover the pastry sheet with 150g soft cheese with herbs and garlic (I used Philadelphia) make
sure you stay in 3cm from all the edges.
-Cut 3 leeks very finely and sprinkle over the pastry.
-With kitchen scissors snip 4 rashers of bacon into strips and add to the top of the leeks.
-Sprinkle Emmental cheese over the top (I can't remember the measurements but lets say it was about 200g??- I'll update when I look up the recipe properly!)
-Fold up the edges so they look like the picture above- this keeps everything contained.
-Then bake in the oven for about 20 minutes until the pastry has gone golden.

It tasted so good! We even had a smaller piece as our lunch the next day. And those extra calories are okay because we had cycled!

I also made my favourite coconut chicken but I made them in strips for Corinne's birthday tea that Becky was hosting the next night.

No comments: