Wedding Countdown Ticker

Friday 6 November 2009

1st of November


The 1st of November Nathan and I's families celebrated my 30th birthday and Nathan's Dad, Neil's 61st Birthday. Neil is the 1st of November and my birthday is the 2nd so the joint celebration worked well. 
 
 
Becky went to so much effort for my birthday- she had decorated her flat with huge 30 balloons and 30 decorations and had made loads of tasty treats. Including amazing pink cupcakes with decorated chocolates.
 

 
Everyone made something for the lunch- Becky made soup, Nathan did the Main- Beef Brisket (in his crock pot!), Lily & Neil provided the cheese (from Ian Mellis- yum!) and Becky made delicious chocolate pudding.
 
 My Grandma Ellen and I
 
 Becky and my Dad
 
 Me and my cupcakes
 
The traditional Victoria Sponge I made Neil for his birthday. We both were sung happy birthday at the same time and blew out our candles together.
 
Nathan was given the camera to take some snaps but instead I got shots with a coke can and his Mum way in the distance! David Bailey he is not!
 
I loved my large 30 balloons. 
 
 Becky and I couldn't resist having a wee photo shoot with the balloons!
 
 I felt so special with all the effort Becky went to.
 
 Becky, my Dad and I

Becky, Dougie, Nathan and I
 
 I love fireworks and Nathan had wanted to surprise me with a fireworks display for my birthday. Dougie, Becky and him had planned the logistics and then on the Sunday it was pouring with rain- it was so heavy! There was no way we could have the fireworks.... you can sort of see the puddles out of Becky and Dougie's window.
 
 It ended up working out better as we did the Fireworks display on my birthday- there's a whole long post for that one too! I had such a lovely time with my family. I wish my Mum could have been there but we had gotten to spend a good amount of time together in London the weekend before but she was missed.

No comments: