Wedding Countdown Ticker

Monday 16 November 2009

Baking for Erskine


TUESDAY
On Tuesday evening I went down to my Grandma's and we spent the evening baking. She has just got a new oven and wasn't too sure how to use it. It is much simplier than her old oven but we thought we'd have a practice.

We made fairy cakes for my Grandma's coffee morning in her sheltered housing. My Grandma used to bake alot and I remember her making shortbread and fairy cakes and scones when I was younger. It was so nice to spend the evening with her.
 
 The Fairy Cakes in the oven.

I also made the Hummingbird Bakery Brownie that I have made before. This was for a bake sale we were having at work for our nominated charity- Erskine. Founded in 1916, Erskine has provided nursing and medical care for former members of our Armed Forces through two world wars and the more recent conflicts. As it was Remembrance Day on Wednesday our office held a tea party on the Barge (our boat on the river where we have our conference room) They invited members of the local community along as well as staff who all bought lots of baked goods and bought raffle tickets too.
.
 
 We had a good giggle as I caught my Grandma licking the spoon of the chocolate brownie mix!
 
 WEDNESDAY
 
 They had lots of poster up from the time of the 2nd world war including lots of Dig for Victory Advertising!
 
 Loads of people from the office had baked. Kirsty and I on my team went over and had a wee coffee break with a sample of some other peoples baking- so tasty!
 
In the foreground of the photo you can see my giant chocolate brownie- it was selling for 50p a slice and was all gone when they brought the remaining cakes over to the office the next day- they sold them off for 20p each to all the staff.... so I felt like I'd been eating cakes for days by the end of last week!
 
The Barge was all done up in bunting!

No comments: