Wedding Countdown Ticker

Friday 5 March 2010

Christmas Evening

 
Becky's livingroom looked amazing and so Christmasy- even including Shrek the Halls on the TV in the background! I loved her white and silver theme. 
  
My Dad and Mum enjoyed having the dinner cooked for them for the first time in 30 years. This year we all chipped in and helped buy, prepare and make Christmas dinner. With Becky and Dougie hosting. It was so nice all coming together to make the dinner and having a dishwasher at Becky's made a huge difference!
  
Dougie, Becky, Nathan, my Dad and Mum. 
  
 Becky's amazing Turkey! Yummy!
  
 Our tasty dinner- turkey, stuffing, bread sauce, cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes, roasted potatoes, carrots, parsnips, bacon wraps, small sausages and brussell sprouts.
 
 The Christmas pudding that I made.
  
Nathan and I preping the desserts. 
  
 Lighting the Christmas pudding with Brandy. I love that blue flame. (it just never pictures well)
  
 Dougie and Becky
  
Nathan and I 
  
The boys and their big pressies from my Parents. 
  
Becky- I love that every year without fail there is a photo of her with a ribbon tied round her head! 
 
 Me with one of my favourite pressies- a cupcake carrier. It has 2 layers for 24 cupcakes and a great locking system and handle to take them to the office or to others homes. (I am very sad I know!)
  
 My Dad reading one of the books he bought for Becky and I. The Father Christmas letters by JRR Tolkien.
The book contains JRR Tolkien's letters to his children. He writes them all as if he were Santa Clause and they are just as amazing as Lord of the Rings... and contain as much description and detail. A great gift!
 
 My Mum opening her pressies. 

I really enjoyed Christmas this year and especially sharing all of the meal duties. It was a great way to do it.

No comments: