Wedding Countdown Ticker

Wednesday 8 September 2010

Homegrown from the Allotment

Lily and Neil gave us another lovely veggie box this past weekend so now we are back in the flat and have a cooker again I got back to work making some tasty -from scratch- food. Last night I made my favourite spicy butternut squash soup (I have put the recipe up here SO many times I won't bore you!) using some of the allotment potatoes and carrots. 

I thought I would take a few snaps of the carrots as it demonstrates one of the things I love so much about home grown veggies... they are 100% natural. Look at that earth and green... they look fab!
This just makes me smile. A supermarket would not let this little nugget of carrot through it's packaging plant as it doesn't look 'perfect' enough.... but who needs perfect- I think this is what allotment veg is all about- this little carrot tasted delicious and that is what counts.

No comments: