Wedding Countdown Ticker

Wednesday 22 September 2010

Spanish Themed Dinner Party

When we were out in the summer with one of Nathan's best men and his girlfriend we said we would plan a best men evening. Kells & Roxanne and Ramin & Fiona. Roxanne requested it be Spanish themed and she would bring the Sangria and Nathan said he'd make Paella.

Well sadly Roxanne was really not well last week so one of our ushers and good friends Ed and Wendy with Baby Katie in tow came and joined us for dinner instead.

I was in charge of the decorations and the puddings and I loved coordinating all the red and yellow with the red spots- I think the napkins looked like a flamenco dancers skirt.
I bought these red Martha Stewart Pom Poms back in November in Florida... I knew they would come in handy one day! They look like the flower that a Flamenco dancer would put in their hair... well I thought so!
The yellow roses and red carnations were a nod to the Spanish flag!
Our candle lit living room awaiting the arrival of our guests.
Nathan cooking up a storm in the kitchen.
Mussels fresh from the fishmonger that morning.
lovely fresh prawns.
Paella ready to be served. It was SO good! Chef done good!
My panna cotta and orange chocolate mousse dessert. I had never made Panna Cotta before nor used gelatin in any desserts and it worked really well. Thankfully no vegetarians round the table! The chocolate mousse should have been brought out the fridge to get to room temperature to be the right consistency (but I'll no for next time!) the orange essence made it taste really good!
I poured red berry compote on the top of the Panna Cotta- yum!

No comments: