Wedding Countdown Ticker

Friday 10 September 2010

Sketchbooks

When I was at art college more than anything I loved my sketchbooks. I always loved the sketches and drawings I produced in my books- they were filled with creativity and I often wished I could put them on display at the end of the project. 

Well this project caught my eye and I plan to join in. 

It's like a concert tour but with sketchbooks.

Thousands of sketchbooks will be exhibited at galleries and museums as they make their way on tour across the country. After the tour, all sketchbooks will enter into the permanent collection of The Brooklyn Art Library, where they will be barcoded and available for the public to view. Anyone - from anywhere in the world - can be a part of the project. Once you apply and pick your subject they will send you out your sketchbook and you can get started. Love it!

One of the fabulous things about The Sketchbook Project is that it encouraging all types of people to bring out their inner artist.

I have been thinking a lot about getting back to life drawing classes and enjoying drawing and painting again. This could be a great start. 

I pinched the below images from Wiley Valentine who will be taking part in the sketchbook project. Please see their blog for all image credits.



No comments: