Wedding Countdown Ticker

Wednesday 22 April 2009

Kirstie's Homemade Home!

I am LOVING Kirstie Allsopp's new programme for Channel 4- Kirstie's Homemade Home! Click here to read about the first episode if you missed it.

Kirstie Allsopp, who used to present location, location, location is on a mission to transform a dilapidated country cottage in Devon into the ultimate `homemade' home, with everything either made in the UK, or made by her. Each week, Kirstie renovates a room and creates a unique and personal dream interior. Starting in the kitchen, Kirstie nosed around Lanhydrock House for inspiration, with one of the finest Victorian kitchens in the country. I LOVED her kitchen (except for the WOW letters on the wall!- I love the gold letters themselves, I have some in my bathroom, but I just didn't like the word!)

The aga, the large dining table, the bench, the dresser, the window seat, the Belfast sink! I would have it all!! I also loved the fireplace with two cosy seats beside it and I could imagine having a break with a cup of tea by the fire and a few animals snoozing away by the hearth!

She is living my dream! In the first episode she visited a family friend to re acquaint herself with a sewing machine to make cushions. She made a gorgeous (but slightly odd shaped) blue glass for her table with a glass blower, made a little blue and white pot at a ceremic studio and she also did some flower arranging.... my idea of heaven!! She even had Cath Kidston come and show her how to set up a table by showcasing her own kitchen (I loved Ms Kidston's white kitchen units!)

Throughout the series she is going to be making her own items for the house. I can't wait for the next episode on Thursday at 8pm.

No comments: