Wedding Countdown Ticker

Thursday 30 April 2009

The Burgh Island Hotel

I am in love!!

I adore Art Deco as a style and I love Art Deco Hotels and Cinemas. It harks back to a glamorous age of dressing for dinner and afternoon tea!

When I was watching this past weeks episode of Kirstie's Homemade Home (I am loving it!- see my previous post on last week's episode) Kirstie visited Burgh Island Hotel for some inspiration for her bathrooms. It was amazing!!

Have a look at their website. The website says "set like a diamond on its own tidal island, is our unique English Art Deco hotel. Built in 1929, extended in 1932 and completely restored to its ‘30s glamour, the Burgh Island Hotel is a retreat like none other. History is present in every aspect of your stay, hand in hand with 21st century standards of service and facilities. The hotel sits sparkling in its special island environment: Sea views, sunshine, waves, cliffs, floating birds and sand surround you. The beauty and intrigue of an island visit has always drawn guests who are looking for something different but an experience that is almost timeless; a genuine step back into an age of sophistication, manners and elegance."

You can get married or have a party on the island and can rent out all 50 of the rooms to make it your own private affair for the weekend! It costs about £30,000 to do so however!! (and that's before the alcohol, flowers etc!) So hey maybe if I one day win the lottery!! I might just have to settle with taking inspiration from the beautiful decor.

I have only been to that part of the world once when we visited friends who were renting a cottage near Salcombe. It was really nice weather and so laid back! So maybe a wee trip to Cornwall and Devon is what's called for. Salcombe, Falmouth, Penzance, Newquay and Padstow here I come!!

No comments: