Wedding Countdown Ticker

Friday 1 May 2009

Keep Calm and Carry On!


I am loving this poster... it's created quite a bit of hype in these stressful times but was originally produced during the war time in 1939 in London.

You can read this Guardian article to find out more or go to the Keep Calm and Carry on website. Here is a wee exert from the website on the History of the resurgence in the poster and iconic line!
They have also inspired some other slogans... I think these are very appropriate for me!! Whenever I am really stressed in work I will make myself a cup of tea and take a deep breath and carry on. If I'm at home and really stressed I always calm down if I bake!! (especially cupcakes- they just instantly lighten my mood) It's even better when you get to have a cup of tea and a cupcake!!!

1 comment:

carine said...

i have this poster in my kitchen!! my friend gave me it for christmas years and years ago and i love it xx