Wedding Countdown Ticker

Friday 29 May 2009

A weekend of SUN!!

23°C | 13°C

I can't believe it but we have a beautiful cloud free sky this lunchtime!! It is gorgeous!!

Now as most of you may know Scotland is not best known for it's great weather but this year we seem to have been blessed with a bit of good fortune. A stay-cation doesn't seem so daunting as it would in any other year. (For those American's looking at my site 23*C is about 74*F according to the google converter)

Click here to see the forecast for the weekend. Sun sun and more sun!! HOORAY!

I am so excited to leave work tonight as we are off to the Taste festival.

"It takes something pretty spectacular to get Edinburgh’s leading chefs out of their kitchens and into the open air together but Taste of Edinburgh achieves just that! The sell-out event is back this summer in Inverleith Park from May 29-31 - the ultimate weekend for the discerning foodie. Taste of Edinburgh brings together famous chefs from the capital’s best restaurants, as they serve up their signature dishes and share their best kept kitchen secrets whilst star food and drink producers are ever-present with the finest products and produce to take home – the ultimate foodie day out."
We are hopeful of seeing Hugh Fearnley- Whittingstall at Taste on Friday night.

So tonight we are having fun and relaxing at the festival, tomorrow I will hopefully be able to drag myself out my bed for a walk (I'll make sure I apply the sun cream this time!) and then we are off to the butcher to pick up some meat and then head to a friend's BBQ- which may actually be in the sun too!! more cheers! Then Sunday I am back at the Taste festival working for my friend Carine on the List Magazine stand so if you are there on Sunday pop by and say hello.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

This sounds right up your ally my dear!! I wish I could be there with you to enjoy such a wonderful festival with one of my very favorite foodie frinds!! Love and miss you Jennie!!!!