Wedding Countdown Ticker

Tuesday 19 May 2009

Herb Garden (of sorts!)

Well I don't have a garden to lay in and soak up the sun or grow my own veggies and flowers but I have created a little green haven on my window sill. I bought these white pots from IKEA about a month ago with the intention of filling them.

So this past weekend we went to Dobbies on the way back from Melrose and I bought some little herbs to grow in the pots. I also intend to use the fresh herbs to cook with.

I got: Thyme, Garlic Chives, Sage, Rosemary, Mint and also a wee Lavender plant. I am also growing Basil and Tomatoes from Seed (although I may have to give the Tomatoes to Nathan's Mum for her allotment as I think they will get too big)

I love that they are all different textures and structures- they look quite arty in their little shiny white pots-It's quite the little green oasis!!

I would like to also get a coriander plant, as well as dill and parsley but they didn't have them in stock so I'll be on the lookout.

No comments: