Wedding Countdown Ticker

Monday 18 May 2009

Melrose

On Friday night after driving to the registration point we returned to Melrose for some food at Burts Hotel. I was last here about 6 years ago and it is so much better than I remember it. My food was delicious and it set me up for the weekend. We ate in the bar and it was so busy full of people on holiday and also those taking part in the Hearts and Heroes.

On the Friday night we were kindly put up by Jason's friend Larry and his generous family. The weather was awful so thankfully they came to our rescue and we didn't have to sleep in the tents that night. Their house was gorgeous and a true country farm house with aga and fields wheer their daughters' horses roam around. Our bed was so comfy and I loved having a warm shower the next morning- even if we were up at 5am!

The last 3 years when we have gone down to the Melrose sevens I have not ventured beyond the event ground into the town but walking around over the weekend I feel in love- it is such a beautiful place. Melrose is clearly affluent and that means the shops are really good!

I think we will def make a day trip down to Melrose again when we can spend more time wondering around the shops and taking in the sites.

On Sunday morning Jason, Nathan and I went for Breakfast to a cute little cafe called Abbey Coffee Shop on Buccleuch Street. We sat outside and soaked up the sun- we could have been in Europe!!

No comments: