Wedding Countdown Ticker

Monday 6 July 2009

4th of July lunch!

On Saturday I had family and friends round to watch the final British Lions game of their South Africa tour- which we won! Hooray! Unfortunately we still finished the tour 1-2 games so lost to the Springboks but at least we won one of the three games!!

As it was the 4th of July Nathan and I prepared an American feast of burgers, chicken tenders, Cobb salad and cupcakes.Nathan had requested a Cobb salad for which I also made homemade blue cheese dressing. It was very tasty! Avocado, bacon, chicken, egg, tomato and lettuce topped with chives (I used my fresh herbs that I am growing in my window ledge)
Nathan and I worked hard in the morning after he came back from training and preped for the lunch. I pulled out my American flag tray for a festive look!
I made chocolate cupcakes topped with marscapone soft cheese and raspberries and blueberries- Red White and Blue!!
My table spread. Everyone loved the chicken tenders, which my friend Heidi gave me the recipe for- delicious!
Neil and Lily- Nathan's parents.
Fiona, Ramin and Nathan not wanting their photo taken! Watching the summary of the Lions tour. Sadly we would have won on points as we scored more tries and more points but I guess it's about the games you win and we just didn't do it on the first two games!
My Dad and I. I was so sweaty from being in the kitchen. Last week we had such warm weather.
Lily and Neil brought me some roses and sweet peas from their allotment. Beautiful and they smelled amazing!

No comments: