Wedding Countdown Ticker

Wednesday 15 July 2009

Becky's Birthday decorations

Yesterday, 14th of July was my sister's birthday. For a change we decided to have dinner at home. It worked out really well and my Mum made a delicious meal. Our Menu consisted of:
  • Italian Antipasti- Buffalo mozzarella, roasted peppers, aubergines, parma ham, Serrano ham and more accompanied with mozzarella and rosemary foccacia.
  • Chateaubriand with mini vegetables and green salad.
  • Apricot Tarte
  • Cheeseboard
  • Chocolate Cupcakes as Becky's birthday cake.
The inspiration for my table, gift wrap and the cupcakes came from a hostess with the mostess theme, click here to see more. My sister loves Tiffany jewelery (who wouldn't!) so I used the Tiffany blue as my main colour.

I am not a huge pattern fan so instead I used one colour 12" scrapbook pages as my place mats in tiffany blue and cream.
I wanted to reduce the washing my Dad would be left with so instead of table linen's I used a paper tablecloth and paper napkins. I made small napkin holders with scrap paper in a beautiful purple and blue, which matched both my Mum and I's wrapping paper.
As on Hostess with the Mostess I tied a ribbon round the glasses to bring in the Tiffany bow idea. I went for blue so it didn't disappear on the table cloth. We decorated the dinning table and the coffee table. One of Nathan and I's presents was a spiky plant for her living room that she wanted- it was a bit too hard to wrap!
We also got her a large picture frame to put our friend Susie's print in.
The cupcakes did not turn out as I wanted as the icing was too yellow. This meant that the blue glitter did not show up as well. I had planned for them to look like little Tiffany's boxes. Next time I will have to die the icing blue. The white chocolate bows turned out nicely though.
Becky opening her presents from my Parents- clearly delighted with her gifts!
I took a picture of the table before we sat down and then my camera died! Boo hiss! So we took some snaps with Becky's camera of our food, people and Bex blowing out her candles. Once I she sends them across to me I will get them up.

No comments: