Wedding Countdown Ticker

Friday 30 October 2009

Gifts and Goodies!

I managed to get a wee box of cupcakes all the way back from London for the lovely Nathan to try. (I love their branding- did I say that already!!?) 

I got Nathan a red velvet cupcake and a Halloween cup cake with a little devil on it! I thought he looked cute!  


 Every year my Mum sends my sister and I and the boys a little bag of Halloween treats. This year it took the form of Autumnal foods. We had cranberrys, pecans, dark chocolate and ginger biscuits, Hot chocolate, Maple Syrup, Cinnamon sticks and so much more... it was such a lovely treat and after I'd opened it in London I wrapped it all up again so Nathan could open it when I got home on Sunday night!
 
 Nathan's parents had goodies of their own for us. They are always so generous. They have just returned from holiday so Nathan and I got our favourite duty free drinks... spices from the market in Istanbul (can't wait to use them!) and a book on Turkish cuisine... we will be cooking up a feast in no time!
 
 Nathan's parents also dropped off a box of veggies from their allotment- I always love the produce we get from them.
 
 This year our produce included this wee pumpkin- how cute is he!!
 
Thinking of Halloween I wanted to show you the before raw materialsof my costume. I bought it in the V&A after searching elsewhere in London. I wanted a small comb fasinator and black netting. So watch this space.... I hope it works out!! I will have a lot of stitching to do tomorrow.

No comments: