Wedding Countdown Ticker

Wednesday 28 October 2009

Hummingbird Bakery



This post is for my friend Kate, who sadly couldn't make this weekend. She is a busy lady with two small boys and a career in medicine- I am constantly in awe of her. She recently, very kindly, bought me the Hummingbird Bakery Cook book which I have made the Chocolate Brownies and Apple Pie from and they have both been delicious.

So delicious that I was very keen to go to the bakery when we were down lin London. As luck would have it the Humminbird Bakery was right beside our restaurant in South Kensington. So even though I'd eaten a huge slice of cake I still went ahead and got a cake. The other girls were controlled enough to save their cupcake till later but not me!!! Yum!
 
 The inside of the small bakery- they have a shop on the ground floor and a bakery up the stairs. There were trays of lots of tasty cupcakes to choose from. I picked a red velvet cupcake.
 
Renee, Nicole, Hillary, My Mum, Becky and Amber in the Hummingbird Bakery. 
 
 Me outside with my bag of treats- I love their branding. The pink hummingbird is on everything from their bags to their take away coffee cups.
 
 Beautiful! Hillary took these very close up photos of me scoffing into my cupcake!
 
I didn't enjoy it at all! ;-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

aw thanks jen! i'm so envious! looks like an amazing weekend. hopefully we'll catch up soon kate xxx