Wedding Countdown Ticker

Wednesday 21 May 2008

Lily West Floristry Classes

Ever since I was at University one of my constant dreams is to one day own a florist shop! (In my fantasy however the income from a little florist shop would allow me to live like a queen!!- not quite the reality!!)

Back in February I saw a sign in a nearby florist, Lily West, for evening classes....so I signed up!
I loved it!! It was so relaxing and such a good escape! I stayed for two months and adored having fresh displays in the house every week! I even had the tallest bouquet of Valentines roses.

I saw on her site yesterday that there are still spaces for the July and August classes. Finances permitting I would love to go again. August is all roses including wedding bouquets and corsages.

I learnt things that just make such a difference... it's hard going though and watching Susan do a bouquet in less than 5 minutes- and it still looks amazing- made me realize it's probably a lot more stressful than I ever imagined... so for now I think I'll just keep it as a hobby! But maybe one day!!

Below are the photos of my flowers- hand ties, baskets and vase arrangements .

Lily West Florist


















1 comment:

Heidi said...

You are such an 'artist' - So beautiful!!