Wedding Countdown Ticker

Tuesday 20 May 2008

Rosemary & Garlic Rack of Lamb with Apricot, Coriander and Pine Nut Couscous

We had a 500g+ piece of meat with 7 cuts on it. 3 for Nathan and 2 each for Hannah and I.

I put the rack in a zip lock bag with olive oil, garlic and rosemary earlier in the day... I'd scored the surface of the meat slightly so it took in the flavour. Then I popped it in the fridge until later on.

As I mentioned earlier I got my timings a little bit muddled! I should have put the lamb in when I put the tart in... cooked the lamb for 20 minutes and then a further 30 minutes... Well you live and learn... So my lamb didn't go in until after the tart was out so we had a wee while to wait... but we opened a lovely bottle of Fleurie and passed the time with the art of conversation!!

When the lamb was almost ready Nathan got to work on the Couscous.

1.Place 250g of Couscous in a bowl (Nathan adds knobs of butter now but some people wait till after) and gently pour over 300ml of boiling water.
2.Stir well, cover and leave to stand for 5 minutes.
3. Separate the grains with a fork before serving.
4. Nathan added chopped dried apricots, chopped coriander and pine nuts... I'm not sure of his measurements but I would just use your own judgement!

Hannah and I eating our tasty tea!

No comments: