Wedding Countdown Ticker

Tuesday 20 May 2008

Courgette, Mushroom and Mozzarella Tart

When I was babysitting on Friday night I was reading the Good Food magazine devouring the recipes! So when we did our big shop at the weekend I had to buy my own copy! So many great recipes!!

Courgette, Mushroom & Mozzarella Tart

Serves 4 * Preparation 8 minutes* Cook 20 minutes

Ingredients


2 tbsp sundried tomato paste
1 garlic clove, crushed
375g ready rolled puff pastry sheet
125g bal mozzarella, cut into chunks
100g/4oz mushrooms, sliced
1 courgette, thinly sliced
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp dried oregano

1. Heat oven to 220C/fan 200C/gas 7. Mix the tomato paste and garlic together. Place the pastry on a baking sheet and score the border about 1cm in from the edge. Prick the pastry within the border all over with a fork, then spread with the tomato mixture.
2. Top with the cheese, mushrooms and courgette, drizzle with olive oil, then evenly scatter over the oregano along with a little salt and pepper. Bake for 20 minutes until risen and golden, then slice and serve with salad.

Tip: If you're making this tart ahead of time, top the pastry with the vegetables and cheese, then chill until ready to bake. (this is what I did- so when Hannah arrived all I had to do is pop it in the oven!.. and I'd made the salad ahead of time too)

This was wolfed down so fast that I only got to take a photo of the last slice- before Nathan could guzzle it!!

No comments: