Wedding Countdown Ticker

Friday 9 May 2008










I am very excited!! One of the promises to myself is to read more and so I have just ordered some good classic books by female authors.... not only are they going to expand my mind but they are beautiful to look at!!! I love textiles- especially the designers that designed these fantastic covers!!

"To celebrate the 30th anniversary of Virago’s Modern Classics List, which recognises the best women’s writing of the 20th century, eight titles are being re-released in hardback with new, fabulous covers specially created by some of our favourite textile designers. Cath Kidston has lent her kitsch, ‘50s style to the cover of E.M. Delafield’s The Diary of a Provincial Lady, while Jacqueline Susann’s famous controversial tome, The Valley of the Dolls, has been given a makeover, courtesy of Biba’s Barbara Hulanicki."

What a treat.. I can't wait to curl up in my bed and start reading!!

More info at: http://www.waterstones.com/waterstonesweb/campaignSearch.do?cmp=08vir

No comments: