Wedding Countdown Ticker

Monday 5 January 2009

Becky and Dougie's Mirror!

I had seen a stall at the Country Living Fair which personalized thick frames to go round mirrors, blackboards and pinboards. I loved the idea for Becky and Dougie's Christmas but it was £80 so I thought I could give it a try myself.

I found a wide framed mirror and painted it the same colour as the accent colour in their lounge and then asked them to give me 20 words related to them. Either both of them or them as individuals-I got back some random phrases!!

So I set to work on the layout and then started painting the letters in black (for a bit of a retro look!)

I was still up at 3.30am on Christmas Eve (talk about an Elf Workshop!) so I had to wrap it up unfinished!! I still haven't gotten to complete it but will over the next few days now Nathan is back to work.

They seemed really chuffed though and keen to put it up (a good sign that they like it!)
Here are some photos of it in the process- so you can get an idea of what it will look like!
Becky and Dougie popped into ours on Christmas Day morning when they were on their way to Mum and Dad's. We exchanged presents but they had to leave their mirror with me so I could finish it!! (oops!)

1 comment:

Heidi said...

How thoughtful - I can't wait to see the finished product!