Wedding Countdown Ticker

Friday 9 January 2009

Boneless Buffalo Wings

I love hot wings! The hotter the better! The only place that does them well here is Hard Rock Cafe. Sometimes if Nathan and I are out in town during the day we will pop in for hot chicken tenders (hot chicken fillets are slightly better for you than the wings!) and a drink.... but I crave hot sauce!!

Nando's has opened up near us but by the time you get a meal for two- even just take away it is so expensive!

So I was delighted to find this recipe on my friend Heidi's new recipe blog.

I made them for Nathan and I's dinner the other night- since hot sauce isn't readily available here it was Nando's sauce that I used from the supermarket.

They were delicious!! I used a cup of oil in the bottom of a wok as I don't have a deep fat fryer and my le creuset was being used for soup. It worked well and cooked the chicken right the way through. Actually I was shocked at how tender and juicy the chicken was.

So next time I have a hot sauce craving I know what to make!! Delicious! Thanks Heidi!

Boneless Buffalo Wings – Natalie Copeland

1 C. flour
2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp paprika

1 egg
1 cup milk

2 chicken breast fillets
4-6 cups vegetable oil
1/4 cup Crystal or Frank's Louisiana hot sauce
1 TBSP margarine

Directions:
  • Combine dry ingredients in bowl in another bowl, whisk egg and milk slice each chicken into 6 pieces
  • preheat oil to 375
  • dip chicken into egg mixture then breading blend, repeat so each piece is double coated when all pieces have been breaded, chill for 15 minutes
  • when chicken is done resting, drop each piece into hot oil and fry for 5-6 minutes or until browned
  • as chicken fries, combine hot sauce and margarine and microwave until margarine is melted (I used a ban marie on the hob as our microwave is broken)
  • when chicken is done frying remove them to a plate line with paper towel place chicken into covered container, pour sauce over chicken, cover with lid and shake gently
  • once chicken is coated with sauce, pour onto play and serve with blue cheese dressing and celery

1 comment:

Heidi said...

So Fun!!! I love it!!