Wedding Countdown Ticker

Monday 16 February 2009

moonwalk training begins!

Arthur's Seat is one of the seven hills of Edinburgh and looming over the city which offer many different walks for everyone. Without question the best views are to the west over looking Edinburgh Castle, Old Town and the New Town. There is a tarmacked road which has a pavement (side walk for all you Americans!) that you can walk on.

I started my Moonwalk training this weekend with an hour and a half walk with Emma on Sunday. We were in our MBTs and so I really worked my legs!

This photo below is horrendous of me! Especially as Emma was wearing make up and looking gorgeous! My big moon face will hopefully reduce the more I train! Plus I always pose to the side in photos as I definitely have a good side!
We took the slightly easier route but it was still steep at times! At Dunsapie Loch the water was mostly frozen so all the ducks, geese and swans were sliding around!
I jumped on the bus straight up to Emma's and then got a bus straight back after our walk so now I know how easy it is to get there I have no excuse!

I also want to walk the other hills of Edinburgh but I really need pavement for my training. 18 weeks to go till the event on 20th of June and by then I'll have to be able to walk for 8 hours non stop! Arrgh!

No comments: