Wedding Countdown Ticker

Wednesday 11 February 2009

Valentines Fairy Cakes!


Last night I went round to Emma G's for dinner, which was lovely. It gave Hillary, Emma and I a great chance to catch up on each others news and we all had lots of news.

I made these cute little fairy cakes for us... to be fair they were more icing than cake but sometimes it's good that way! I think next time I'll make them as cupcakes or muffins so there is more sponge.

I used fairycake cases that Nathan got me for Christmas that have hearts all over them and then I decorated the cakes with love heart sweets and cherry lips.

I had tried to use an idea I saw in the cupcake decorating book that Hillary got me, where you roll out chewy sweets and cut them into shapes but I found out that you really need to put some greaseproof paper or parchment paper underneath! You can see in the photo below that I'd cut them out into hearts but could not get them off the board!! I think they might be stuck there forever!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Adorable - - I bet your friends and family always get excited to see what yummies you will be bringing!!