Wedding Countdown Ticker

Monday 12 July 2010

Sleeplessness


Well most of the time my night and day is out of sync. I go to bed way to late and can never get up in the morning. Or I am totally anxious and get up at 6.30am because I can't sleep. (Annoyingly that usually only happens on the days I am not working!)

Nathan makes fun of me a lot as I sit up and watch a tv show (usually on catch up on demand- so I could actually watch it another time as it's pre recorded) and then I always fall asleep watching the show. I am forever waking up at 2am asleep on the couch and then I move myself through to the bedroom.

But if I go to bed at 10pm I lay awake for hours.

My sleeplessness has been really bad these past few weeks... I am totally out of any routine and it is a catch 22. Last night I didn't sleep at all.... I think I finally slept a little at 5.15am! So then I am exhausted and all I want to do is sleep all day. It is just not good for a working life... for any life.

So tonight I am going to try and have a shower (how I wish we had a bath so I could totally relax!) and then rub some lavender lotion on so it makes me sleepy! (fingers crossed it works- I need to get back into a routine... more than that I need to get better than I even was before.

I feel like there is so much going on and my brain is in overload.... I wish I was one of those people that could compartmentalise everything.... but I am a worrier.... anything and everything.... oh! for it to all just drift away!

No comments: