Wedding Countdown Ticker

Monday 23 August 2010

Back to work

Well after being off work for the last few weeks to sort out my not sleeping, general anxiety, grief and fatigue I have returned to work today. I am so glad that I took that time- I really needed it!

Today has actually (thus far) been really nice. I have enjoyed being back. Chatting to my colleagues and catching up on all the exciting projects we have coming up. 

Before I went off I had a really good appraisal but as part of that I said I wanted to step up at work and as I felt I needed to dress the part. 

In my work we can wear jeans and dress casual so it is so easy to go to the lowest requirement. But as they say dress for the job you want, not the one you have... so I did a bit of shopping. 

I feel a bit like it's back to school today with my new clothes! 

I bought 2 jackets that are relaxed but smart and a lovely long blouse/shirt. I will be teaming the jackets with jeans or in a month or two cords (so still casual but the jacket smartens it up!) currently I am wearing smart , simple vests under the jackets and flat pumps on my feet.

I have had lots of nice comments today so I am happy with my new attire!

No comments: