Wedding Countdown Ticker

Tuesday 15 July 2008

CHICKEN, BACON, AVACADO, MOZZARELLA, PINE NUT GARDEN SALAD


I never really finished blogging last week! The week just kind of got away from me!! I had a couple of days PR/ freelance work lined up thurs/ fri so I was a busy bee... and thankfully earned a weeks salary in 2 days! Hooray!

Here is about as near as I got to cooking last week... but this is my FAVOURITE salad of all time!! (Although I'm partial to a salad nicose and a chicken cesear now and again!!)

CHICKEN, BACON, AVACADO, MOZZARELLA, PINE NUT GARDEN SALAD

Although it's a salad recipe I would say it's not that low in calories... but as Emma H would say it's nutritious! All giving you healthy natural fats!!

I did however used to cook my chicken in the oven but since going out with Nathan he has taught me that the healthiest way to cook your chicken is to poach it in water for 20 mins.... I had always done my eggs this way but never meat... it looks really weird when you first drop it in the boiling water- all slimy and white! and although it does look bland when you take it out it is so tasty and succulent. Nathan sometimes puts in lime juice just to add a little flavour.

I then grill my bacon so the fat runs off then when I cut it up into strips I cut the fat off.

The avacado and mozzarella give it such a nice texture and the pine nuts are so tasty!!

I could just serve all the main ingredients with lettuce but I love cucumber, red pepper, tomatoes and a little bit of green onion with it too.

I then drizzle on some balsamic vinegar dressing! TASTY!!

No comments: