Wedding Countdown Ticker

Monday 7 July 2008

Spanish Influence!


When I returned last week from Madrid I spent all of Monday doing chores and recovering!

I restocked our fridge and bought the new addition of the Good Food magazine for some inspiration. I found a great Spanish omelete recipe- with a twist! So I decided to cook that along with saffron salmon (the salmon recipe was also from the magazine but I wasn't as big a fan of the dish!)

However Nathan was a huge fan of the omelete- which he then took to work as his breakfast for the rest of the week- because the Spanish have it for breakfast he decided it was allowed!

Here is the recipe from Good Food Magazine:

Spiced Tortilla

Serves 4 Prep: 5 mins Cooking time: 20 mins

(One portion also counts as one of your five a day!!)

1 tbsp sunflower oil
1 onion, sliced
1 red chilli, deseeded and shredded
2 tsp mixed curry spices (I used coriander, cumin and tumeric)
300g/10oz cherry tomatoes
500g/ 1lb 2 oz cooked potatoes, sliced
bunch of coriander, stalks finely chopped, leaves roughly chopped
8 eggs beaten

1. Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Fy the onion and half the chilli or 5 mins until softened. Tip in the spices, fry for 1 min more, then add the cherry tomatoes, potatoes and coriander stalks to the pan. Season the eggs well, pour over the top of the veg and leave to cook gently for 8-10 minutes until almost set.
2. Heat the grill and flash the tortilla underneath for 1-2 mins until the top os set. Scatter the coriander leaves and remaining chili over the top, slice into wedges and serve with green salad.

As I mentioned before this is a great lunch box filler. Just cool the wedges and then chill overnight before packaging into a container.

Although I didn't do it the magazine advised that a good tip was to serve with warm naan breads and green salad. I did however serve it with raita (cucumber and yogurt!) Yummy!! and so colourful!! I think it would be great as part of a buffet!

No comments: