Wedding Countdown Ticker

Monday 21 July 2008

Mama Mia!

Friday night I went round to Hillary's lovely new flat... it's so close to my Dad's house and my old neighborhood which is lovely. She cooked me an awesome dinner... mozzarella, big juicy tomatoes and basil to start and then Sea Bass (I think it was Sea Bass... I'll have to check with Hills) A white fish at any rate that tasted like Sea Bass with a Salade Verte dressing on the top- yum! .. so thanks Hills for a lovely supper!!

We then went to the movies to see Mama Mia which I was really looking forward too. To start with I wasn't so sure if the musical thing worked on film... the first scene was a bit too over acted... like they would be on stage.... but then Meryll Streep, Julie Walters and Amanda Seyfried stepped on screen and I loved it from that moment on... I really got into it... and I wasn't the only one... people were singing and dancing in their seats!! Great fun! I'm off to download all the Abba songs onto my i-pod... as I realised I don't have one Abba song on there!!

I have to say- I'd never seen the stage show before but they have really cleverly put all the songs in to tell the story... and Meryll Streep and Pierce Brosnan (of all people!) were great... I think Meryll definitely deserves an award for this! I would highly recommend it. (as long as you like Abba and musicals!)

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Thanks for the recomendation - I can't wait to go see it!