Wedding Countdown Ticker

Thursday 26 March 2009

Easter ideas!

In Germany and Austria, it's customary to celebrate Easter by hanging hollow eggs from the branches of trees. My Mum has always done this as a tradition in our family home. I hold her responsible for a lot of my decoration extravagence.

This year, I plan to replicate her easter tree by using either pussy willow branches or branches with yellow flowers (I am not sure what they are called but they are everywhere at the moment!) I got his pic from the Martha Stewart website.

I did however get a little ahead of myself today. I was out doing a mystery shop on some of our promo staff and when I came back I dived into the coffee shop for a quick americano to go. The lady in front of me had the most beautiful branches with cherry blossom on them. I know that it would be better for the blossom to be left on the tree but it was GORGEOUS! She told me she got it just across the road from my work at a wee shop called so I popped across and purchased two bunches.

I love cherry blossom and would love to live in a street filled with cherry blossom trees! I'll take a picture of my flowers once I'm home. For now they are sitting in a pint glass in the office!

I love pussy willow branches too. My Dad has a willow tree that we bought him a while back in his garden and it looks so pretty the way it bends and lays onto the grass.
I'm not a fan of peach but I do love these baskets of tulips a great idea and very simple too. The above picture is from the Martha Stewart website too.

No comments: