Wedding Countdown Ticker

Wednesday 11 March 2009

HAPPY 30th BIRTHDAY NATHAN!

Let the celebrations commence!!

This year as I am not so flush with the cash I have gone for a more homemade birthday approach! I am showing my love with effort and food (the key to Nathan's heart!)

I made Nathan some Bourboun Bananna bread to take for his morning snack. He is a huge Bourboun fan and has an ever growing collection so it was very fitting. I found the recipe on someone else's blog and it tastes amazing! I had a bit of an overflow problem but I think that was due to my loaf tin being to small.



BOURBON BANANA NUT BREAD (you can omit the shot at the end and it would still taste delicious.)

1/2 c. (125 ml) butter, at room temp.
1 c. (250 ml) sugar
2 eggs
2 c. (500 ml) all-purpose flour
1 tsp. (5 ml) baking powder
1/2 tsp. (2 ml) baking soda
1/2 tsp. (2 ml) salt
3 ripe bananas
1 tsp. (5 ml) vanilla extract
2 tbsp. (30 ml) brown sugar
Bourbon

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. (180 degrees C.). Grease a 9 1/4 x 5 1/4 x 2 3/4 inch (23x13x8 cm) loaf pan. Assemble blender. Put nuts into blender container. Cover and process 2 cycles at whip to chop nuts; set aside.

Assemble mixer. In large mixer bowl, put all remaining ingredients except 1/4 cup (50 ml) nuts, brown sugar and bourbon. Mix at low until flour is moistened then at medium until smooth. Pour into prepared pan.

Mix remaining nuts and brown sugar; sprinkle over top of loaf. Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour, or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Remove from pan; cool completely. Pour over a shot of bourboun of your choice- I used Woodford Reserve- which is lovely and smooth (in my humble opinion!)





This morning I got up and made the Birthday boy his breakfast! At his request it included black pudding and fruit pudding! I do have a picture of him with his breakfast in bed but I am sure you don't want to see that!!

Hopefully he will have a lovely day and I'll get to spoil him again tonight!

2 comments:

Vicki said...

You are an amazing cook!!!! And what a special day for Nathin. Today is Austin's (Hilary's little boy) birthday. I always love all your fresh flowers! Miss you!

Heidi said...

Oh - what a lucky boy!! Have I told you that I love that clock yet?? I LOVE that clock!! I am so excited to see PARTY PICS!!