Wedding Countdown Ticker

Friday 5 September 2008

Afternoon Tea at the Wolseley!


Since we could go to Shipps Tea Room Mum treated me to afternoon tea at the Wolseley in Piccadilly. It was so opulent inside and had a great history. It used to be a car showroom in the 1920's- then it was a Barclay's Bank until 1999. A lot of the bank features still remain.

I thought of Heidi when I saw the cake display- she has done a similar display for a baby shower!
I loved the gold and black decor. We had the cutest sandwiches- all the bread was different textures and colours! Then we both ate our warm scones (underneath the silver cover) and then I only managed one mini cake!

But they gave us all our left overs in the sweetest little box to take home!

I have a feeling I might be carrying some excess luggage on my person when I come home!!

1 comment:

Lark said...

Fun! You are doing all the fun things in London that we didn't get to do while we were there. Tea, the globe, and more. I'm jealous :o)