Wedding Countdown Ticker

Friday 5 September 2008

Unique Shops in Southwark!

There is a huge buzz around Borough Market. The area is Southwark. It is just South of the Thames and has a lot of young people staying there.

Around the market are some fantastic shops. My mum particularly wanted to take me to this awesome tea room that was set up there, Shipp's Tearooms. They serve tea on a proper china service and her and her friend, Fiona thought I should open a similar shop in Edinburgh.

But sadly when we got there it is closing down. Their land lords do not wish them to be serving food and drink any longer so they are having to shut up shop... It has more on their website) but my Mum and I both signed their petition- it looked like it was so cute when it was up and running!
To continue their business until their lease runs out they are selling off all their china and accessories- table cloths, napkins etc.... if I had been setting up a business this would have been a great opportunity! Even for personal use I could have bought a couple of china serves... but I was good and didn't buy anything!!

I wish them the best of luck though in all their future endeavours!

Neal's Yard

There is also a renowned cheese shop next door to the tea room called Neals Yard. It was amazing. We have one in Edinburgh called Ian Mellis, I think this is where he got his idea from.

There were so many staff selling behind the counter and so many fabulous cheeses to choose from... I think Nathan would have been in his element!!

No comments: